I just love this cartoon by Zapiro
What I like about this cartoon is not so much the critic of a small minority getting rich on the misery of the masses, it is that the cartoon depict pretty much the status quo and perhaps the futility of the poorest of the poor in this country. What saddens me the most is that the majority of these people do not have an opportunity to read the opinions of the alternative media on their plight.
This is pretty much how it all works:
1. We have a debt based society. Money is loaned into existence and these loans are controlled by the banking scum bags.
2. All institutions rely on the loans by these scumbags to exist. Institutions such as the shop down the road, to your local city council, to your local and regional government and finally to the corporation: REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA. All corporations need loans from the scum bags.
3. Now two things happens to a debt based fiat currency. The first is that it suffers from inflation, the more you print, the less it is worth. This means that our money has value only if it is scarce. The second thing is compound interest. As all money is loaned into existence, and the interest on those loans are compounded, it means our communities suffer from an ever growing debt burden. Its crazy, we are trying to pay off debt, with more debt... it is a never ending game of musical chairs...
4. Now back to the miners. These guys need money to buy things they need, put a roof over their head, and feed their families. I personally do not think this is asking too much...
The problem is that, in a fiat system, there will never be enough money to go around, and as the poor mine workers demand more, so the value of the currency will drop, and the more will not be enough... and so the never ending game continues.
The winners in this game are the bankers, they are the ones who get to create this funny money out of thing air. The South African Rand is not backed by anything of value, it is backed by promises of our society as a whole... and the promises of the ANC government are empty ones at the least which can only bear bad omens for the future.
The solution? To be honest it is quite simple.
1. Get rid of the bankers. They are no good.
2. Issue a debt free currency, back it by something we have plenty off, such as Gold...
3. Take note of how economies prospered pre-reserve bank systems, 1800 - 1900 for instance when a dollar in the US in 1800 bought pretty much the same thing in 1900...
4. Take care of the basic needs of the people and allow a responsible government (An ANC one can never be responsible) to manage and control the flow of currency in order to build a society that prospers from the capital its community invests (hospitals, schools, roads, factories, farms).
5. Get rid of international parasites raping our land, raping our people...
Just a debt free currency would allow the people in SA to become the greatest nation on earth and the bread basket of the world.
But then who am I to make such a claim?